By: Lissa Silotto—
Indianapolis, IN —Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) has appointed Linda Speed as its new Board Chair and welcomes Stephanie Overbey and Jenna Wachtmann as new members to its Board of Directors. Current Directors becoming officers in 2019 include Theresa Farrington Rhodes, elected as Vice Chair, and Tracy Souza, elected as Secretary.
“I value the connection with other grantmakers in our state to learn, collaborate, and make a greater impact through informed grantmaking,” said Speed. “I look forward to ushering in a new era with our new CEO as we reach our 30th anniversary in 2020, and building on the excellent work that has already been done to position IPA as a leader in philanthropy in Indiana.
Newly named Directors to IPA’s Board for a three-year term beginning January 2019 include:
- Stephanie Overbey, Associate Director of Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Jenna Wachtmann, Program Officer of Ball Brothers Foundation
“I look forward to serving and helping IPA continue to meet the ever-changing needs of grant makers and philanthropic advisers,” said Wachtmann.
“I am honored to serve on the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance Board and to have the opportunity to give back to an organization that has helped advance my knowledge and skill as a professional in the charitable sector,” shared Overbey.
IPA’s 2019 Board Officers include:
- Chair: Linda Speed, President and CEO of Community Foundation of Southern Indiana
- Vice Chair: Theresa Farrington Rhodes, Executive Director of Buckingham Foundation
- Treasurer: Charles (Chuck) Dunlap, Executive Director of Indiana Bar Foundation
- Secretary: Tracy Souza, President/CEO of Heritage Fund/The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County
- Immediate Past Chair: Tina Gridiron, President of TLG Solutions
IPA’s continuing Board members for 2019 include:
- Shannon Borden, Director of Blue and Company
- Jill Carpenter, President and CEO of Community Foundation Alliance
- Rich Haddad, President and CEO of K21 Health Foundation
- Zachary Kester, Executive Director and Managing Attorney, Charitable Allies
- Kelly Nissan, Communications and Corporate Responsibility Manager, ArcelorMittal
- Maggi Spartz, President, Unity Foundation of LaPorte County
- Liz C. Tate, President of ECT Consulting
- Cheryl Taylor, President and CEO, Foellinger Foundation
“This board class is made up of experienced and highly regarded philanthropy professionals,” said Marissa Manlove, outgoing IPA President and CEO. “Their expertise and diversity ensures our membership association will continue as a leader in promoting integrity and advocating for a strong philanthropic sector while the organization transitions to new leadership in the new year.”
About Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) is a nonprofit membership association of and for the state’s grant making community, helping philanthropists increase the impact of their giving in Indiana and beyond. IPA members include public and private foundations, corporate giving programs, governmental grantmakers, regranting organizations, philanthropic advisors and other qualified individuals. Collective membership holds over $18 billion in assets and awards more than $846 million in grants each year.