By IU Health—
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital recognized as ‘high performing’ for kidney failure, COPD, diabetes, heart attack, heart failure and stroke.
INDIANAPOLIS — U.S. News & World Report has released its 2022-2023 ‘Best Hospitals’ rankings that include Indiana University Health Medical Center among the nation’s top adult hospitals for the 25th consecutive year. IU Health Medical Center remains the No. 1-ranked hospital in Indiana and Indianapolis and the only nationally ranked adult hospital in the state.
U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 35 specialties, procedures and conditions to create its rankings.
For 2022-2023, IU Health Medical Center (comprising Methodist, University and Saxony hospitals) was rated as high performing nationally in five specialties, with a sixth specialty achieving a top 50 national ranking:
- Ear, Nose & Throat—ranked 45th in nation
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery—high performing
- Geriatrics—high performing
- Neurology & Neurosurgery—high performing
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery—high performing
- Urology—high performing
U.S. News also rates hospitals for 20 common procedures and conditions and IU Health Medical Center was rated as high performing in 10: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), colon cancer surgery, diabetes, heart attack, heart failure, hip replacement, kidney failure, lung cancer surgery, prostate cancer surgery and stroke.
Other IU Health hospitals rated as high performing for specialties or procedures and conditions are:
- IU Health Arnett for COPD, heart attack, heart failure and stroke.
- IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital for kidney failure, COPD, diabetes, heart attack, heart failure and stroke.
- IU Health Bloomington for kidney failure, COPD, heart attack and stroke.
- IU Health North for orthopedics, heart failure, hip replacement and pneumonia.
- IU Health West for geriatrics, pulmonology, kidney failure, COPD, heart failure, hip fracture, pneumonia and stroke.
The annual rankings, now in their 33rd year, are designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to receive care for challenging health conditions or common elective procedures.
The full list of U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings is available at health.usnews.com/best-hospitals. This year’s rankings were produced by U.S. News with North Carolina-based research organization RTI International.
About Indiana University Health Medical Center
Named among the “Best Hospitals in America” by U.S. News & World Report for 25 consecutive years, Indiana University Health Medical Center is dedicated to providing a unified standard of preeminent, patient-centered care. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s leading medical schools – gives our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology. Learn more at www.iuhealth.org.