By Carly Acree King, Nonprofit Support Network—
MUNCIE, IN —Nonprofit Support Network is excited to announce the kickoff of 2023 Network Huddles, which will dive into topics relevant to the needs of nonprofits serving Muncie-Delaware County. Network Huddles are free peer group meetings hosted and facilitated by Nonprofit Support Network. The Huddles provide a supportive and collaborative environment that allows nonprofits to connect with peers and learn from each other. The new topics include community food service, board leadership, and shared services.
“Early on, I recognized the value of providing a space for sharing and learning among the nonprofits. That’s why I believe it’s important that we (Nonprofit Support Network) continue to provide spaces for these opportunities,” shared Carly Acree King, Relationship and Resource Director of Nonprofit Support Network. “Expanded peer groups enhance the connections among nonprofits and lays the groundwork for strategic collaborations and relationship building.”
The newest Network Huddle, Community Food Services Huddle, will kick off Wednesday, March 29, from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. at Friends Memorial Church (418 W. Adams St. in Muncie). This huddle is for nonprofits that provide access to food or gather, prepare, and deliver food to neighbors in Muncie and Delaware County. This includes food banks, food pantries, and social service agencies that provide food to their clients. Participants will engage in roundtable discussions, discuss best practices, and learn ways to strengthen their nonprofit operations.
Additional Network Huddles include:
- Shared Services Huddle, featuring local HR expert and VP of Human Resources at Open Door Health Services Kourtney McCauliff, who will share easy ways a nonprofit can prioritize human resources to optimize its mission delivery. The Shared Services Huddle will convene on Thursday, April 13, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Open Door Health Services (333 S. Madison St., in Muncie). This huddle is for nonprofit workers interested in strengthening core operations for their organizations in human resources, IT, accounting, and more.
- Development Huddle will convene on Tuesday, April 18, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Second Harvest Food Bank of ECI (6621 Old State Road 3, in Muncie). This huddle is for nonprofit workers responsible for their organization’s fundraising and development.
- Board Leader Huddle featuring Tania Said from Tania Said Consulting, who will discuss the board’s role in fundraising. The Board Leader Huddle will convene on Tuesday, May 16, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Nonprofit Support Network (108 S. Walnut St., Suite 305, in Muncie). This huddle is for individuals who serve on boards of nonprofits in Muncie-Delaware County.
Additional information about Network Huddles, including registration links, is available on Nonprofit Support Network’s website at muncienonprofits.org/network-huddles.
In addition to peer groups, Nonprofit Support Network, in collaboration with Shafer Leadership Academy, is hosting two nonprofit education programs this spring as part of the Nonprofit Essentials series.
- Purposeful Boards, Powerful Fundraising will be held on Thursday, April 6, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at Ball State’s Oakwood Building (2051 N. Oakwood Ave. in Muncie); the cost is $50 for one board member and one staff member. This course is for board members and staff to work together to understand and improve the role the board has in fundraising. This session will be led by Bill Stanczykiewicz from the Fund Raising School at IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
- Recruiting and Hiring Nonprofit Staff: Take it to Heart on Thursday, May 4, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Innovation Connector; cost is $25. Nonprofits can learn how to best maximize their brand to recruit and hire staff. This session is led by James Mitchell, Director of HR and Employee Experience at Minnetrista Museum & Gardens.
Additional information about Network Huddles, including registration links, is available at shaferleadership.com/nonprofit-support-network/ Nonprofit Essentials will resume in August 2023.
To learn more about Network Huddles, Nonprofit Essentials, and the Nonprofit Support Network, visit the Resources page at muncienonprofits.org or email Carly Acree King, Relationship and Resource Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Nonprofit Support Network
Nonprofit Support Network is a nonprofit organization designed to support other organizations serving Muncie and Delaware County by providing them with the resources and time needed to meet their missions. Our mission is to provide support to ensure a healthy, well-supported, sustainable nonprofit sector in Muncie and Delaware County. We believe our community is best served when nonprofits have the resources to focus on their mission. We take a targeted approach to support organizations in areas they need it the most by cultivating relationships and addressing resource needs. We were established to provide quality and valuable training and coaching resources to nonprofit organizations and the individuals that serve them.