By Stacy Wheeler—
Muncie, IN—Classroom Connections of ECI held a Teacher Supply Drive-Thru Event on Saturday, October 24th, 2020 at their outdoor location. With the help of volunteers from local Kiwanis, Altrusa and Ball State University, participating K-12th grade teachers received a trunk-full of classroom supplies safely from their cars to support area school districts.
Classroom Connections of ECI distributed the following to local teachers during the drive-thru:
- 7,560 washable face masks and 100 boxes of facialtissues
- 3,852 #2 pencils and 107 reams of copypaper
- 10,700 envelopes and 104 office supplykits
- 3,210 poster boards and 618 bulletin board material
- 3,090 STEM books and building material
- 2,520 bottles of liquid glue and 3,708 gift bags to build STEM kits and
- Thousands of student incentives
In total, Classroom Connections of ECI successfully donated $126,300 in classroom supplies to area teachers.
About Classroom Connections of East Central Indiana
For nearly 20 years, Classroom Connections of ECI, formerly known as the Back To School Teachers Store, operates East Central Indiana’s educational resource center for under- resourced PreK – 12th grade classrooms. The nonprofit’s mission aims to provide essential classroom supplies to underserved teachers and students to ensure teachers can teach and learners can learn. Each year the nonprofit donates essential school supplies to more than2,500 teachers and 25,000 children. Classroom Connections of ECI works diligently with businesses and corporations to acquire new classroom supply donations and supports programs that capture surplus product donations to prevent waste.